Drummer - Rock
Bands: Josh Groban, Shelter, Cro-Mags, White Devil, Duran Duran
Dave DiCenso is an American drummer, whose work has included performing on Duran Duran's Medazzaland album and touring with Josh Groban.
Dave grew up in the Boston area of the USA, and decided at the age of fifteen to follow in his fathers footsteps by pursuing a professional career in drumming. He began performing immediately at local schools, halls, clubs, and hotels. At seventeen, he began taking lessons again from his father and this time took his studying seriously. He was simultaneously learning music theory through private instruction on the piano.
After high school Dave went to New York City to study privately at the Drummer's Collective. During this three-month period he was able to pick the minds of people like Rod Morgenstein, Kim Plainfield, Frankie Malabe, Zach Danziger, Ricky Sabastian, and Pete Zeldman. Upon returning to Boston, he continued working with the area's top rock bands and began a one-year study program with renowned teacher Gary Chaffee.
He is known for his big sound and soulful beats, honing his style by touring and recording with a long and very diverse list of world renowned artists including prog-rock icon Steve Morse, contemporary prog-rock master John Petrucci, NYC's hardcore pioneers Cro-Mags, blues-rock master Johnny A., fusion guru David Fiuczynski, contemporary-jazz virtuoso Hiromi and performing on Duran Duran's "Out of My Mind". Dave has also been a featured performer at major percussion industry events including the Montreal Drum Festival, the Percussive Arts Society Convention, N.A.M.M., and Music MESA.
- Recordings include Another Mind with Hiromi, Mantra with Shelter, Medazzaland with Duran Duran, Need I Say More with Gary Cherone, Revenge with Cro-Mags, the soundtrack for The Saint, Suspended Animation with John Petrucci, Telelove with Suze DeMarchi, and Wicked with the Jon Finn Group
- Tours with Josh Groban, Cro-Mags, Hiromi, Johnny A, and Steve Morse
- Performances with the Aaron Katz Band, Dave Fiuczynski, Stu Hamm, Dave LaRue, John Petrucci, Two Ton Shoe, and Carl Verheyen,
- Appearance on Modern Drummer Festival 2006 DVD
- Publications include Universal Rhythms for Drumset (Alfred) and Rhythm and Drumming Demystified (C.M.I.)
Current Drumstick Count in Collection: 4.